Trekking requires precise and well thought out equipment to obtain the ideal weight to carry during your long itinerary.
Here is for you a guide on the essential equipment for your Trek, while making sure you do not end up with a bag too heavy unnecessarily :
- backpack: this is the most important choice. Choose a functional and comfortable bag because you will wear it for many hours. Take at least a 40L and ideally a 60L. Don't take a bag too big, you will be tempted to overfill it.
- sleeping bag
- shoes with non-slip and waterproof soles
- clothing: socks, trousers, t-shirt, headwear to protect from the sun. Avoid cotton, not very breathable.
- fleece in case of temperature drop.
- waterproof jacket in case of rain.
- metal bottle for water and food.
- disinfectant tablets for water: they eliminate 99.99% of bacteria and protozoa so don't forget them to fill your flask.
- first-aid kit: sunscreen, lip balm, bandages, compresses, disinfectant... be prepared.
- knife: you will always have the utility of it and you will meet difficulties in the event of forgetfulness.
- compass and map to guide you
- headlamp: if you need to find your way in the dark, you'll be happy to have it.
- survival blanket: it takes up little space, costs 2€ but is essential.
You can also add a camera, a pair of binoculars or any other accessory allowing you to enjoy your trek and immortalize moments that will become beautiful memories.
So before you go, make a list of things to pack to make sure you don't forget anything. Pack your stuff smartly in your backpack and go on an adventure perfectly equipped for the days to come.